homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethanol / Biofuel

  • From: "Fred Enga" <fenga AT astechman.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethanol / Biofuel
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:06:13 -0700

Back in the days when I was in the British army, when we had to tune very
large gasoline straight 8 cylinder engines in heavy recovery vehicles fitted
with 3 SU carbs, the only way to balance the carbs was to drop off the
exhaust manifold and to adjust the carbs until the flames from all of the
exhaust ports were the same length.....noisy but quick and effective

Fred