homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:58:28 EST

> > What gives?

We all have been talking behind your back, Bev, and decided that we simply
can't abide you any longer and so we all left to start another one of those
Homesteaders' Biggest Losers lists.

Seriously though .....

>> Let's crank it up.
> I've wondered if people are having trouble posting again.
> Perhaps another homestead type list is more engaging right now?

Do you remember times in the past, Bev, when someone or someones on the list
would assume that we were all illiterate backwoods rubes who never heard the
news, never read internet traffic that interests us, and unless we had
someone
to forward every link under the sun no matter how unrelated to homesteading,
we'd never know anything for ourselves? It gives one a great deal of
exercise
with the delete key but tends to swamp out any actual homestead dialog.

And sometimes it becomes so prevalent that one dumps out all the bathwater
hoping there were no babies of merit in it at the time.

It comes and goes. Be patient.

James