homestead - Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:43:35 -0800

LensDesign has 1.6 and 1.7 hi index progressives on their site.

OpticsPlanet also has 1.67 high index progressives. They're out of IL.

Eyeglass Direct. also lists them.

I need both..
I was really excited about getting glasses from a company called Zenni
Optical, but found out today that they can't make the lenses I need. I
looked around the web and saw a few sites that sell frames and lenses,
but none can fill my prescription because I need the super hi index 1.67
with progressive bifocal lenses. Most companies, if they even offer the
1.67 HI lens, offer it only in single vision lenses. My prescription is
such that if I don't have the 1.67 or 1.71 or better, the lens is
THICKER than coke bottle glass. In fact, the lenses in the glasses I
have on now are 1.67 and the lens is still 7mm thick. (These are
varilux) The ONLY company I can find that offers the lenses I need is
this Indian company. Their frame selection sucks, but looks are
secondary to price for me.