homestead - Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Glasses from India
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 02:31:57 -0500

I made a few notes in case anyone else is interested

Lynda wrote:
LensDesign has 1.6 and 1.7 hi index progressives on their site.

Canadian company.
Site is informative and professional looking..it doesn't have that 9.99 feel to it. HOWEVER, I think the site just advertises what they sell in their store. I could not see how to order anything other than contacts online.

OpticsPlanet also has 1.67 high index progressives. They're out of IL.

Hard to navigate and site and find appropriate information...I was able to find glasses in the $300 range, but 3 of 4 frames/items I clicked on were out of stock. I will spend more time on the site tomorrow.
This company sells good telescope lens, too.

Eyeglass Direct. also lists them.

Site was easy to navigate. They do not have *all* the bells and whistles that some companies offer, but they have what I needed.
I almost immediately found a pair I liked. $278
I'll look at the site more tomorrow.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Bev

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"

~ Calvin Coolidge