homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demotorization

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demotorization
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 06:34:48 -0500

Back in the olden days when I lived on the far south side of Chicago (in the
50's) everyone took the train to work! It was fast, cheaper than paying to
park your car and one could read, work a puzzle, knit, etc. Even when we
went for fun we took the train. My first 43 years were spent in a suburb of
Chicago and I do not recall ever driving around the city of Chicago.
We had to drive on the toll road and interstate to get to O'Hare airport
which always was and still is a nightmare.
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6