homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demotorization

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demotorization
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:02:34 -0800

At 1/2/2009 06:38 PM,bobf wrote:
I don't know what the extra highways cost Marie. But, the fact is almost everyone still uses cars, still 'plans' to use cars; so we will be buliding new highways -- whatever they cost -- 'plus' the 1.4 billion dollar train.

A billion dollars is still a hell of a lot of money. And Phoenix doesnt not have the money, though they keep raising my frackin property taxes.

I like the train. It is pretty. But it cost over a 'billion' dollars. And no-one expects to use it to get back and forth to work -- its supposed primary purpose. The politicians are already making excuses. The city just needas to 'expand' the rail line (more 'billions').

>From where is this money going to appear?

Think of this as a transportation system, a way for people to get around when they can't afford or don't want to support a personal auto. Think of a city where only the really well off can drive, who are they going to get to do the work?

Nothing is cheap these days...

Rob
becida AT comcast.net