homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Jeanne Driese <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken Feed Quest.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 04:10:28 -0800 (PST)

That is the reason I asked the question the way I did. I know how Sage
treats animals. I knew that the old man who free-ranged here, treated his
chickens well, even though it was a city back yeard (it was a good size yard
with a lot of vegetation and he said he used no pesticides), he just had 3 or
4 chikens.

In the market, I'm not sure if they are not just taking the same eggs and
putting them in more expensive egg cartons, or, even, just what 'organic'
might mean , here, as opposed to somewhere else. I eat a lot of eggs, so, it
is a staple worth paying extra for just for knowing it is healthy, if I
really knew that, but I really don't trust the big ag corp. any more than I
trust any other big outfit.

If my stupid dog didn't enjoy killing birds so much, I'd have my own chickens.

p.s. I saw the reply you put to the post about the trains. My only question
was to the price, it's just so much money