homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demotorization

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demotorization
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:11:18 -0500

I like the train. It is pretty. But it cost over a 'billion' dollars. And no-one expects to use it to get back and forth to work -- >its supposed primary purpose.

Why not? I took a commuter train to work every day when I worked outside the city. It was packed with commuters. It's a long tradition in the east...people took the train to work in the 1870's. Maybe the idea just hasn't spread to your area yet....when gas goes back up to $4/gallon, it will be standing room only.

Lynn Wigglesworth