homestead - Re: [Homestead] Demotorization

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Demotorization
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 03:16:51 +0000

Hi Bev,

This email has nothing to do with the list or any of the recent topics, lol.

I had an idea and wanted to bounce it off of you, to see if you have any
experience with this sort of thing. I've started doing something new at work,
and it dawned on me that this is something I can do on my own from home once
I learn the ropes. You might be interested in this, too, especially if you've
worked in the environmental field before.

We have a huge client. I'm not at liberty to name them, but they have
locations all across the nation. All of the locations have wastewater permits
and each state has its own set of regulations that the client must comply
with to meet their permit requirements and they all have to have lab work
done- some annually, some quarterly, some biannually. My new job is to
coordinate all these sites to make sure they are getting the samples analyzed
and complying with the permits. It involves making phone calls, emails,
communicating with the labs I find in each state to run those samples. I
never have to touch the samples. The client is charged whatever the lab fees
are plus a per site fee (we're charging $500/site plus lab costs). I'm sure
this job has a real title that some engineering company somewhere does on a
regular basis. We in our lab have never done this before, but they put me on
the project so this is something I'm just now learning to do as I go. Our
client is very helpful and doesn't mind that we have to ask lots of
questions, thank god!

Anyway, is this something you've thought of before? It seems like a good idea
to me, but then there may be things I don't know about coming around the next
bend.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)