homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:14:15 -0500

Leslie wrote:
Bev wrote to Bob: "I think we are all talking, as James says, at
cross purposes with you. You talk of maintaining wealth, we talk of
maintaining life and lifestyle."

There is one caveat in homesteader's being able to "maintain life and
lifestyle" - and that is real estate tax, and the potential need from
time to time to buy things "in the market".

I'm under a renewable conservation covenant. My taxes are right at $250/year. I can earn that in one night, if I had to. :)

--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."