homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 05:38:31 -0800 (PST)

Answers within marked by asteriks

--- On Wed, 12/31/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Which is one reason I don't see why you keep talking
> about things returning to 'normal'. In my mind,
> there is no normal...it is fluid and always changing, always
> different.

****** I guess I keep using an incorrect expression. You are absolutely
correct. Things are fluid, and everchanging. I guess what I mean is more
consistency in the fluidity , when I use that expression

> I think we are all talking, as James says, at cross
> purposes with you. You talk of maintaining wealth, we talk
> of maintaining life and lifestyle.

******* Bev; I have to pay for that life and lifestyle, just as you did.
You were younger and healthier when you made your move. Would you be as
quick to move today , in this economic environment, without knowing you could
finacially handle evrything up front? Mayber I would if I were alone. I
could just build a little lean-to, plant a big garden; and go into town with
a few bucks every so often when I needed companionship. But, that is not my
life.

> As to why one needs more than 5 acres,,,,animals...In these
> parts, a horse needs 5 acres minimum. It is hard to grow
> your own food(animal or vegetable) on a postage stamp sized
> piece of land.

******* I know that Bev. It was a rhetorical question that could be asked by
others, who want someone, other than them, to be taxed Unless things have
changed, Ted Turner is the largest private land owner in this country. His
buffalo 'need' that room to range. Do you think anyone cares? The argument
(the one I broached) is not valid. I don't think such a tax would even be
Constitutional. But , a lot of invalid arguments gain strength, for
different reasons, in this country. And , goodness knows, our politicians
barely seem to care or even know what the Constitutions expects and demands..

> Bob, pardon me for asking, but what good does it do if your
> wife won't move?

******Bev; the question is multi-faceted in real life as would be the answer,
which I might, with you, discuss privately, but not openly;

> To me, your 'being rural' is about location only,
> it seems, a temporary solution, a retreat. I don't see
> you 'living' rural, I see you returning to the city
> when you see things 'returning to normal'.

****** You might be right, Bev. I don't think so, or I wouldn't be
hastening my plans. I'm a little too old to be going back and forth very
many times; but, you could be right

> So when are you making your move, Bob?

****** I'll let you know, when and where, first, Bev . :-)

p.s. I like your new signature quotation