homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:20:12 -0800 (PST)

I think that you know what you wrote (below) is not part of our 'normal',
though it is rational. To see what you have described would be to go back
more than a few years. It was normal once, but I think we have almost
forgotten. I wish that reasonable but 'not-normal' vision of normal to
return , also, Cathy ............................

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Bob. I've been quietly, cautiously wishing the economy back to
normal for quite a while. The kind of normal I've been wishing for is when
the fabric to make a dress costs less than a new dress, or when a tomato
grown locally costs less than a tomato shipped in from a thousand miles
away, or when the ingredients for a fast food meal cost less than a fast
food meal, or when it's cost effective to have an item repaired rather than
replaced. I've been wishing quietly and cautiously because I am not looking
forward to the necessarily painful situation required to
lead to a return to that kind of normal. It would require that the price of
dresses,tomatoes, fast food and many other items goes up up up. I've not
wished that kind of pain on anyone--not myself either, since I'm woefully
unprepared for it.