homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:43:26 -0500

This economy as been on artificial life support for years. What we have been seeing over the last 20 years or so is just the life being sucked out of what was, then math games being played with the remains to pretend that there was still something there. (think Wrathe followed by a Monty Python parrot shop skit) I am so glad to see the game end. Now we can finally start to rebuild our economy. It is like an alcoholic who denies the addiction until he hits rock bottom. A problem must be recognized before we can work on the solution.

You are right about a false recovery. They will try to play a few more math games with the remains before rebuilding. These "bailouts" are just a temp band-aid.

Wendy

I think by the end of 2009, people will think we are in a recovery, but it will be a false recovery -- a trap. I really believe we are looking at five to eight years of severe economic struggle, after which, if we can smarten up; the markets and our finances will be stronger than they have been since the 1950's. I also think that at least one war during that time will help to re-invigorate our economy.

Most of what I think will occur is based on systems that are not fair; but that do reflect reality.

I hope I am completely wrong and that the economy is back to normal in 2-3 years. I prefer the optimist's guesses to my own. But, I am trying to prepare for either scenario..................................................