homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:13:48 -0800 (PST)

Yes Cathy, those are the basic rules. Though I would edge them up a bit to
include such activities as buying rental properties at a modest price at a
fixed rate of interest to provide income stream, once the other rules are
satisfied, as an example. Or not having to feel reposnible for competing
against those who, though unqualified, were given the largesse of the fedearl
gov't to do the same.

I used that example because I have never owned rental properties. But it is
an example of where a hard working person with adequate handyman schoool
smight have invested his 'after expenses and debts' money to provide for his
family extra income, rather than invseting in the riskier markets, though,
once again, without manipulation, people who invested modestly in the markets
are not to blame for the manipulations of politicians and their favored
classes.

Some of us were worried enough to hedge with financial vehicles to take away
most of the risk. The vehicles did not work properly once the gov't (where
the politicians have beem bought by special interests) intervened in the
markets and changed all risk/reward ratios.

But, yes again. Your rules are the primary rules................

p.s.'good to hear from you again. I hope you have had a fun holiday season,
so far, in North Florida :-)