homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Wendy <crazygardens AT verizon.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:35:43 -0800 (PST)

Wendy; I hope that you are right. I wrote last week that skilled and
unskilled labor is available here for 'half' what it was at the beginning of
the spring. Those are hard working people. I don't , yet, see things the
way you do. Every experience in my life says that those who are already
hurting will be the first to bear more pain and eventually , the greatest
pain.

I will keep am open mind as I observe what is happening. My personal
philosophy is to let it all fall; and start fresh with a real and honest
system. But, as I have written; I have family and friends for whom I fear --
and, if things go terribly wrong, I guess I could reach a point where I fear
for myself. But, I wouldn't mind suffering for a new system -- an 'ideal'.
I don't choose to force my willingness to suffer onto others,