homestead - Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 09:22:48 -0800

What they also haven't seemed to figure out is that some folks simply can't "do" the blood tests. They know that exercise has an effect. They know that stress does also. But somehow they haven't figured out that "white coat" hypertension has an effect on the tri levels nor that if you have to poke and stab and torture a person to even get a poke that will draw blood is going to have the same effect.

Try telling the docs even when it is right in front of their faces that your levels go up and down dependant on how easy the draw was and they simply aren't interested. Only about 1 time out of 20 is someone able to do a stick on me without digging and hunting. The levels reflect that!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>

Your welcome, Bev. There are many reasons why triglyceride levels can be
excessive. There are also reasons why cholesterol tests will give an
erroneous indication of elevated triglycerides or give an actual reading of
an elevated triglyceride count that is only a temporary fluctuation under
the circumstances. For example, cholesterol tests are usually given after a
fasting period. This is to eliminate any cholesterol that may have been in
your diet. However, if you fast and do work that requires your body to call
for energy production, your triglyceride level will spike as fat stores (in
the form of a triglyceride) are released to be converted into energy.
Directions for a cholesterol test should be, "Fast and do not exert
yourself." People who are dieting and routinely restrict their calorie
intake often have elevated levels of triglycerides for the same reasons. It
is funny that when they tell someone to diet and exercise to reduce
cholesterol levels, their cholesterol levels can actually increase and many
docs have not figured it out yet. lol

I understand about assumptions. When I got married the first time, we gave
everyone about two weeks notice. Everyone assumed I was pregnant. Our
first child was not conceived until four years later. lol The reality was
that we were both college students and classes were starting.

Your liver is not hitting on all cylinders? Bummer. There are also many
reasons for your liver to suffer reduced function. Excessive alcohol is
only one of them (however it is the most common).