homestead - [Homestead] Shots or not?

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Shots or not?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 18:33:47 -0600

Has anyone on the list gone through rabies shots or opted not to take them after being bitten?

Yesterday I got bit on the thumb by a fox I released from a snare. I should have been wearing gloves but I couldn't find them. I did not realize foxes were high on the local rabies list. There are a series of shots to take over the month that will cost close to $2,000 and my insurance will only cover a small portion of this. I have to start them within 72 hours and it's been 24.

--Sage
Stupid in Texas