homestead - Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:42:47 -0800

Another problem with medications is that a lot of the studies done on them are very selective as to who is in the study. They know in advance what the possible side effects may be and then choose folks who statistically, historically, medical history-wise won't get the side-effects.

The statins mentioned in the article are just such a medication. The studies done on them showed few side-effects. The results IRL are that well over 15% of the folks who take prescription statins have *serious* side-effects--muscle paralysis, amnesia, severe liver problems, CANCER, etc. And Big-Pharma has worked real hard to keep the studies linking them to cancer well buried!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

This article is in today's Washington Post and cerns not only danger with mixing medications, but also supplements and over the counter meds. I have had more than one of the reactions in the article myself (blood thinner, aspirin, & something else, & the doc forgot to tell me, at first, to quit taking niacin -- which I had taken for years-- when I started statins). Soemone well educated on plants and supplements like Roxanne or Susan Jane probably know all of this stuff, but it is hard for me to keep up with allpossible interactions.........................