homestead - [Homestead] battery tricks to save money

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] battery tricks to save money
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:07:49 -0800 (PST)

There are two videos here showing how to take aprt batteries to get more
expensive batteries (button cell batteries) from inside the original less
expensive battery. The top video is the most interesting. I don't know how
safe this is , though the guy on the video says it is
safe......................

"Hands up who hates buying batteries. (I had both hands up in the air by the
way, briefly, but had to put them down to continue writing this article).
Anyway, batteries are the bane of my life. It seems almost every toy we have
for our children or gadget for ourselves require batteries. And they need
them in all shapes and sizes. The worst offenders are those button-cell
batteries. Small and costly...until I saw the coolest video.

Kipkay over at Metacafe has done it again, with a life hack and battery hack
that will save you roughly $40 on those 1.5V button cell batteries. All you
need is a 2-pack of 12V A23 batteries, which retail at less than $2 a pack. I
found my set on Amazon for $1.66. Energizer A23BP-2 Batteries (2-Pack)"

$40 from a 12V battery

http://www.wisebread.com/the-40-hidden-inside-a-12v-battery

  • [Homestead] battery tricks to save money, bobf, 12/27/2008