homestead - Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger

  • From: "Wendy" <crazygardens AT verizon.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 04:55:46 -0500

Most studies on anything should be ignored. I think they should be required to name who funded the study to be published. I took a class in college that required us to take a survey topic and prove it regardless of whether the outcome was actually what could be predicted or not. It was a class in statistical methodology. We used the phrasing of our questions and the selection of our sample. What I learned was that ANYTHING can be proven if it is presented and sampled correctly. At the time, I thought the class was a waste of my time. But I have relied on what I learned from that class so many times throughout my life to spot the BS that I wish I had taken it more seriously at the time.

I don't believe that statins can cause cancer. I believe that cancer is an anaerobic virus we get by consuming other cancer infested flesh, similar to how cattle contracts BSE. Our bodies can control cancers until we have a situation where tissue is weakened or is unable to heal (statins). That is the link. The cancer was already present when the statins were administered, but it didn't cause it, just allowed it to express. Severe liver problems would be just a natural outcome of long term use of statins. How statins work is to inhibit liver function. That is their purpose. The problem with any drug that artificially inhibits any metabolic function in the body is that many, many functions are linked and use the by-products of one function in another. Inhibiting one function can greatly impact another.

Wendy

Another problem with medications is that a lot of the studies done on them
are very selective as to who is in the study. They know in advance what the
possible side effects may be and then choose folks who statistically,
historically, medical history-wise won't get the side-effects.

The statins mentioned in the article are just such a medication. The
studies done on them showed few side-effects. The results IRL are that well
over 15% of the folks who take prescription statins have *serious*
side-effects--muscle paralysis, amnesia, severe liver problems, CANCER, etc.
And Big-Pharma has worked real hard to keep the studies linking them to
cancer well buried!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

This article is in today's Washington Post and cerns not only danger with
mixing medications, but also supplements and over the counter meds. I
have had more than one of the reactions in the article myself (blood
thinner, aspirin, & something else, & the doc forgot to tell me, at first,
to quit taking niacin -- which I had taken for years-- when I started
statins). Soemone well educated on plants and supplements like Roxanne or
Susan Jane probably know all of this stuff, but it is hard for me to keep
up with allpossible interactions.........................