homestead - [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] medication / supplement combos and danger
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:39:12 +0000

Bob,

I know very little about the interactions with prescription drugs and
interactions between supplements/herbs. But it sounds like you've gotten lots
of good, knowlegeable advice on the topic. I too, am very skeptical of
studies and surveys of all sorts. There always seems to be a slant. I don't
trust drugs and avoid them if possible. Of course, I know it's not always
possible for everyone, but if I felt like I needed to take medications for an
extended time, I would be on a quest to understand that medication as much as
possible. It seems doctors really only rely on whatever the drug reps tell
them, regarding the drugs they prescribe. I don't think they spend much time
throughout their career actually studying the drugs at all.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)