homestead - [Homestead] was medication / supplement combos and danger, now blood fats

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] was medication / supplement combos and danger, now blood fats
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 21:16:42 -0500

EarthNSky wrote:
Thank you so much for this Wendy. I am one of those people who regularly has triglycerides in excess of 700.
I'm not usually much budged by figures but that one is high...
..High triglycerides- you must eat a lot of fatty food (I don't)...
Oh, no, no. Have you read the Weston Price stuff? Makes more sense to me.
None of my blood fats have ever registered high, and I've always had a fairly highfat diet, having been a midwesterner and since getting majority of protein from whole milk (raw) and cheeses, definitely made from whole milk if not cream. Total chol is currently at 173 with trigs at 90.......

There is more and more trend toward being suspicious of the past 50 years' worth of information re "fat is bad for you"...just as moderation is a good thing in most arenas, so it would appear to be with fats...

My grandmother ate a highfat, farm-produced diet all her life, and tasted everything she ever cooked, ate several eggs/day, always cleaned up any fat left at the table, always fished the chicken fat off the jars of canned chicken for a snack (gag), every morning fried her eggs (or directed them to be fried, in her later years) in a quarter cup or so of lard, and when the eggs were finished, fried her bread in the remaining lard. More times than not she'd take a piece of soft bread and wipe the skillet out with it, eat that, and get up to do dishes. Her main bedtime snack all her life was cracklin's. From the time she was in her early sixties she was regularly threatened by a variety of doctors about the dangers of such a diet, and regularly ignored the threats. She died at 104, and I might add that she was as mean the day she died as she had been for the last many years....

So the answers are definitely not all in place, despite what some would have us believe.

SJ