homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 03:49:30 -0800 (PST)

A good contingency plan....

I suspect gold is a good vehicle for storing excess saved wealth during very
specific periods of time (collapse of currency,hyperinflation) and as a way
to pass on that wealth to heirs without the taxman stealing any.  As well as
a currency two individuals can use for trade if there is an agreement on
value.

For immediate survival needs, tools, ammo etc a very good investment.

I made another excellent "investment" this week that I was able to get at
wholesale prices, and I'm thinking of getting more to use as barter.  Hunting
knives of various lengths, bone saws, filet knives, skinning knives, general
all purpose knives, field binoculars (with surprisingly good optics).  And of
course all made in China.....  I figured since I don't know how to make
steel.... it's a good investment.

Question.... on the hunting knives.... some of them have some wicked jagged
edges on the upper side.  What is the jagged edge really for?

Merry Xmas, all