homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:43:31 -0500

What this really boils down to is perception.

Nothing has value, except that imposed upon it by those around it.

Right now, for instance, my food storage is of relatively little worth to
those around me (those who know I have it, anyway). The day may come when it
is "worth" a whole lot more.

My gold that I currently have has some value, but only to one who percieves
it as having value. When my food becomes more valuable, the gold will, to all
intents and purposes, have little value,

My guns and ammo will have worth in both instances, but for different reasons.

The paper money that I have, the stocks that some of you have, are worth
nothing, unless another person percieves it to be of value.

Perceptions change...

Ray