homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canned Meats

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canned Meats
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 00:57:00 -0500

Yeah, I use it with garlic and onion, too. Interesting. I will have to try that. I never thought of using it any other way. Thanks...any other ideas?
Hey, is K home for the holidays?

Lynda wrote:
Using pork or turkey, a good pinch. Using beef, probably a pinch per pound. The pineapple juice is inclined to be dominate, so the five spice doesn't take over. Plus, I use *finely,* very finely minced garlic and green onions which seems to create a really nice flavor with the five spice.

Lynda wrote:

Or make meatballs using 5 Spice and brown.

Stop the presses...
5 spice in meatballs??
Pray tell, how much would you use for say 3 lbs of meat?

I use just the smallest pinch in stir fries...the anise/licorice? can be
really powerful, at least in my jar! (It's Kame brand)