homestead - Re: [Homestead] More on Gold

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More on Gold
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:48:35 -0500

How liquid is land? How well how land held its value? The primary reason for 'my' losses is because I have always believed in 'land'; "property'. Things change, Bev. Sometimes in ways that are confusing................

Homesteaders don't buy land for the resale value. I have no intention of selling, so liquidity and resale value mean nothing to me. In fact, the lower the value, the better...lower taxes, and no one will be looking to take it away from me. On a homestead, only the weather changes.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA