homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue, info for Bev

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue, info for Bev
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 01:56:20 -0500

Jeanne Driese wrote:
Bev, Here is a name of a book that has excellent information. It is called "Prescription for Natural Cures, A Self-Care Guide for Treating Health Problems with Natural Remedies Including Diet and Nutrition, Nutritional Supplements, Bodywork, and More" Authors are James F. Balch, M.D. and Mark Stengler, ND It was published in 2004 so is fairly up to date.

I'll put it on my list of Books to read/buy. Thanks.

When I turned 30 and found myself full of
problems healthwise, I started studying and using alternative health care. One of best things I ever did was to find out my blood type and follow the recommendations for things to avoid and to also select
my foods choices from the things that are highly beneficial for me.
By no means have I made any of the things I do into a fanaticism but
find that following "things" about 80 to 90% of the time keep me in excellent health for my age. (73)

I was pretty sickly as a kid even. Luckily, I've always realized that
prevention was the key to health, but it took some time for me to
realize that the rest of the world was doing different things in
medicine than the US. I was about 15 when I first heard of the RK
procedure being performed in the USSR. Finally, it came here, and the
techniques were updated and advanced today we have LASIK and other
surgeries. When I was 15 though, 99% of Americans had never even heard
of RK or even knew it was possible. There are many treatments that are
considered mainstream today, even acupuncture, that were once considered
little more than snake oil. Talking about Chinese meds, In the early
90's I worked with a chemist who had been a pediatrician in her native
Guangdong province. As you know, that is where all these viruses seem
to originate. Yuping used to drink this 'tea', but she could not tell
me what was in it...all Chinese stuff..After almost a year of watching
her drink that every day, I learned that she had intestinal problems and
this was her treatment. We had a pretty steep language barrier, but she
really introduced me to a whole new thought process about health, and it
was after meeting Yuping/Eileen that I really started experimenting with
herbal treatments,i.e. self medicating..lol..I had really just started
in herb gardening afew years earlier, so it all came full circle...the
plants, and foods like livers could heal, and after all, many
pharmaceuticals were plants..this was all science, so it wasn't a great
leap of faith for me.

If you cannot afford to buy this
book I would be happy to copy and send you the info on RA, but having
the book is a great help for reference to many other things that might or do come up along our life path.

I'll look for it, no problem. I'll check the library, too.

A dear friend of mine has
RA and uses gold as a medication. If you would like some information
about that just let me know and I will see if she would have time to
tell you more about what she does. She is the same age as me and is
still going strong...drives, travels, spends time with her grand children, etc.

Gold salts are an old standard drug for RA. It was very often the first
thing docs prescribed for RA. By the time I contracted it, the use of
gold had fallen out of favor because being a heavy metal, it too, has a
lot of side effects. I have had one gold injection, and I passed out
before I left the office, so that kind of precluded me from gold.
Anyway, after that placquenil, then MTX...etc. etc. i had problems with
medication after medication until Enbrel. Ironically, gold used to the
first choice, and now, it is considered to have more side effects than
the medicine I currently take, so it is now considered a last choice
item. It also takes a while to build up in your system, especially if
you are taking oral gold. BUT, it does work, and the irony is that no
one really knows the mechanism of why it works.

You spoke about synchronicity, My plan is that once something shows up 3 times in a short period, I had better pay attention to it.

That's pretty much my marker, too.
Maybe it is modern superstition, or maybe some people call it "God is
talking to you" or perhaps a heightened awareness or something similar,
but whatever, I listen to it. Like I have said before, I may not make
my changes on a timetable that would please you or you or you, but I do
usually get there.

Meditation has also been a great healer for me as it allows me to stop the mind and think about being happy and concentrating on healing my body and making it a great asset in my older years. You have my admiration on wanting to take care of yourself with out the aid of drugs that seem to only further debilitate our bodies!

Well, I'm at a crossroads, and something's gotta give.

Bev

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men