homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 14:30:32 -0500

This is a wow plant.
http://www.bayflora.com/magnoliavine.html
I had never heard of it, and that was the first page I pulled up. It is
beautiful and it should do well here. Wow.
excellent choice for a shady nook or an east wall in hot summer areas. The Magnolia vine prefers a rich, moisture-retentive soil and adequate water during the growing season.

My garden soil is moisture retentive.
I'll do some more reading on this, but this looks to be a winning plant
even if it doesn't help my specific problem this time. I love plants
like this!
I found this, too..
http://www.tripplebrookfarm.com/iplants/Schisandra.html
Kiwi is also on my list of plants to acquire!
(excitement)
$45 for three plants is only slightly more expensive than a
prescription, and it never needs refilling!
Of course, it takes a while to produce, but that's ok..
Muchas gracias, Lynda...

Lynda wrote:
Speaking of liver cleanses and growing things at home, what about Schizandra chinensis (magnolia vine)? They should grow where you live, Bev.

Lynda ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
Hey, it occurred to me that perhaps a liver cleanse or detox of all
the meds might be beneficial.

To aid your liver, you can take milk thistle seed as a supplement (pill) or the real deal, or a combination of milk thistle seed and dandelion roots and tender new leaves (when Spring arrives!) to help your liver. You can get thistle seed now in your health food store, but next summer in your own favorite backyard pasture. [Of course, you guys probably never have any, but from time to time we have thistle. It's good for something.]

View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.9.19/1859 - Release Date: 12/20/2008 2:34 PM

View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead