homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:08:01 -0800 (PST)

Try turmeric.

From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 7:43 AM

Bev; Have you thought of easing your way into 'alternatives'? Is there
anyone in your area that practices Chinese medicine? Your case is very
complicated, so I'm not sure that even I would play around without
professional guidance. There are several natural herbal antibiotics, immune
stimulants, blood/organ cleansers, etc. that, as far as I know, have no
harmful side effects. They work gradually, so could possibly be used with
Western medication, improving your health in the background, while the
Western medicines keep you functional.

One of the cheapest and most potent antibiotic/antivirals is garlic.As far
as I know, there are no bad effects (except chasing away loved ones). When I
feel something coming on, I eat 3 or 4 cloves raw (I chop them up fine and
swallow them with honey). My book (Herbal Antibiotics by Stephen Buhner)
says that in severe cases, several bulbs (the whole plant) a day can be
eated. You have to work up to it gradually, because it can cause stomach
upset. I can't take it at night because it keeps me awake. The honey helps
protect the stomach and is a natural antibiotic itself.

Lynn Wigglesworth