homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:53:01 -0500

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
That was my first chiropractic
experience, and it was a good one. The same guy helped my neck on
another occasion.

Chiropractors are amazing. I've only been once in my life, but he completely 'cured' me. A couple years ago my lower back started hurting. I'd often had a little soreness and puffiness in my lower back, but this was worse. I thought maybe I was sitting too much, so I exercised more, but it got worse. I couldn't get comfortable, sitting, standing, moving, so I went to the chiropractor. He spent about 30 seconds looking at me and told me one leg was slightly longer than the other and it had thrown my back out of alignment. He did one magical 'pop' in the right place. It was a little sore for a day or two, then felt great, and it's been great ever since. The puffiness hasn't been back since then, either. It cost me $80, but he said if I had to come back for another adjustment, it would be $40. Best money I've spent.

The flip side of my story is that when dh hurt his back 20+ years ago at work, the dealership wanted him to go to a chiropractor, so he did...the guy wanted to do an adjustment, but dh left the office without it-I don't remember exactly why-bad vibes wanting payment up front or something maybe. He later talked to a friend of his family and got in to see the MD who at that time was the Atlanta Falcons team doc, one of the best injury guys in this area. He advised dh to try a couple a series of epidural treatments before the initially recommended surgery, and he also said that a typical chiropractic adjustment would have probably put him in a wheelchair. After two epidural treatments, he was back to functioning almost normally, and of course he still does stretching exercises and watches what he does, but no surgery yet. I will say that his back does seem to be getting worse, but with the last success of epidural treatments, he may try to go that way again. Now I see that as an alternative, because it is less invasive, but he sees that as standard treatment.

The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men
asked a woman for directions and followed them, allowing them to arrive
at their destination.