homestead - Re: [Homestead] out of the blue

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] out of the blue
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:03:29 -0800

Speaking of liver cleanses and growing things at home, what about Schizandra chinensis (magnolia vine)? They should grow where you live, Bev.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

Hey, it occurred to me that perhaps a liver cleanse or detox of all the meds
might be beneficial.

To aid your liver, you can take milk thistle seed as a supplement (pill) or
the real deal, or a combination of milk thistle seed and dandelion roots and
tender new leaves (when Spring arrives!) to help your liver. You can get
thistle seed now in your health food store, but next summer in your own
favorite backyard pasture. [Of course, you guys probably never have any, but
from time to time we have thistle. It's good for something.]

Lisa