homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:10:56 -0500

Thanks Lisa,
Gin insists that her mother used a simple water bath canner for her meats. But Gin won't do it and I'm kinda leary about it; one of these days will buy a pressure canner and then beg for recipes.

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:
I enjoyed that as well, Keith. The hunters we've invited to our place
snagged a small buck today. Yesterday with a friend we pressure canned 21
quarts of venison to be shared between us. I have another deer still in the
freezer. Will also can this small buck, but hope to wait until after
Christmas has come and gone.