homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional community -- Countryside

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional community -- Countryside
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:44:43 -0500

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:
There will also be a *Floyd Eco-village*, they plan to begin construction ofsmall, sustainable houses in 2009 on 75 acres of mostly open land (forshared gardens, aquaculture, pasture to raise animals, orchards) about 2miles from the center of town. We know the owners of the land and theproject, actually they are our employers (Wall Residences LLC).

Lisa.

Is this by any going to be along the lines of the Camphill communities? A couple of years ago someone here, who had come here from Roanoke, mentioned that a Camphill-type community was in the works down there but I've never heard any more about it.

SJ