homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:05:59 -0700

On Dec 10, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

Both deer are in the freezer now but taking out one to pressure can tomorrow
with a friend who is joining me (bringing over her own venison) for an
impromptu holiday deer canning party. We may sample my homemade Irish Cream
liqueur just to make sure it that it tastes good. Tonight we're eating
venison stew (w/ my own tomatoes, potatoes and onions--need to learn to grow
carrots).

Sounds to me like you are at Homesteader 201 and will be enrolled in 301 next year.

Try to get some cheap sand to mix into your carrot bed.

Please post your recipe for Irish Creme or Cream. Chris and I love it in coffee on special occasions.