homestead - Re: [Homestead] deer hunting

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] deer hunting
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 17:47:13 -0500

bob ford wrote:
Everything you wrote is correct susan; it has 5, 10, 15 on the wheel; and certainly looks plenty big and tall enough for 4 quart size jars. No manual that I see, but has cardboard on undersize of lid that says "8 or 16 quart" and gives instructions for each. Mine says "16" so must be 16 quart.
That would be 16 quarts of fill material, water or roast/jc or whatever, not 16 quart jars, I think you got that, but it confuses a lot of people. Just take 4 jars, with lids on, and make sure they fit, some do, and some don't.
I also has a thin piece of round metal with holes in it for the wire basket
to sit rather than dirwectly touching the bottom of the cooker.
That is to use on the bottom to keep jars from 'scooting', or between 'layers' of smaller jars, to stack then atop each other so they're not sitting directly on the tops of the ones in the row below. It is also useful if you are using the cooker as a steamer, to put in under the pan with the contents in them, helps prevent scorching.

SJ
Thanks susan