homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:46:54 -0800 (PST)

Well, lets see.  I grew up on a farm, but it was not like they are now.  We
milked about 20 cows, raised a few hogs and chickens.  Then I also had my own
dairy farm.  I also have had a garden for probably 40 years, or more. Almost
every where I lived, I have had a garden.  Of course I have heated with wood.
I have built my own house. Of course, I have raised most livestock you can
mention.  And I have raised many of the crops that grow here.  Just because I
don't live on a mountain doesn't mean I have not homesteaded.  I think you
are kind of arrogant to think that you are the only one who knows how to
homestead.  By the way, most of homesteading is farming. in case you didn't
know.