homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:34:33 EST

> > I grew up on a farm and know how to do all things they are talking about
> and probably more.

I earnestly doubt it, William. You grew up on a 'farm' not a subsistence
homestead. I run into the 'grew up on a farm' credential all the time.
Let's
suppose you were materially involved in the farm by five or six and engaged
in
it until your majority, that would be 12 years. Some of us not only grew up
around farms and gardening but I've been at this for more than 30 years as an
adult, the past 20 it has been the primary basis of our family economy.

You may be the uber-homesteader for all I know, but growing up on a farm
won't be what made you one.

James