homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:57:48 -0800

Well, you just proved James' point. It isn't "growing up on a farm" that has taught you what you know and it sure wasn't learned from books. You've acquired knowledge over many, many years of doing. And, you know as well as the next guy that you can't learn it from books. and you sure can't learn about animals from books. You can get some general foundations going but hands on is needed.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "william Eggers" <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>

Well, lets see. I grew up on a farm, but it was not like they are now. We milked about 20 cows, raised a few hogs and chickens. Then I also had my own dairy farm. I also have had a garden for probably 40 years, or more. Almost every where I lived, I have had a garden. Of course I have heated with wood. I have built my own house. Of course, I have raised most livestock you can mention. And I have raised many of the crops that grow here. Just because I don't live on a mountain doesn't mean I have not homesteaded. I think you are kind of arrogant to think that you are the only one who knows how to homestead. By the way, most of homesteading is farming. in case you didn't know.