homestead - [Homestead] Who Killed The Electric Car, was Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Who Killed The Electric Car, was Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:40:28 -0800

What bothers me about this whole bailout is that GM already made a VERY
efficient, non-odd looking, runs fine on the freeway electric car. They
were tested here in CA. When the leases were up, the folks who leased them
wanted to buy them. Offered more money than they were worth. GM took them
back and shit canned them. Then sued CA to stop the state from requiring
that they make them. Some guy made a movie about it, "Who Killed the
Electric Car"
http://www.moviefreak.com/artman/publish/movies_whokilledelectriccar.shtml

NOBODY in those hearings asked the right questions!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

I would love to see something as radical as one of the Big 3 auto
companies
convert their manufacturing plants to making solar panels, wind turbines
or
the like.

It bothers me to think of how much money is being thrown at everything to
try to maintain life as it was yesterday or as it is today. I personally
would love to prepare more for tomorrow.

lkvp

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/lisakvperry%40gmail.com