homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:35:26 -0800 (PST)

Let us then leave alone the 'gold' discussion and go to your idea which I now
believe is what makes, for you, gold or any 'money' irrelevant. Correct me
where I am mis-reading you.

By what you wrote below, and similar other of your writings, you seem to be
in that group that really believes in the hard core version of TEOTWAWKI.
For most people in this country and most of the devoped world do 'earn their
keep, 'shuffling' blips on a computer, or papers in an office, or otherwise
"ass-sitter" professions and jobs; Or , they do simple service-industry jobs
to service and provide for the shufflers and ass-sitters. What are all of
those people going to do? Are we all going to kill each other? Are we all
going to start indivdual homesteads or communal 'communes' ? Is the gov't
going to just disappear?

I'll be honest, right now, the 'productive' of the ass-sitters still seem, to
me, to be doing better than those who actually use theri physical labor to
earn their keep. I see, as you do, very bad things coming. But, I'm not
sure I see a total 'collapse'.

We came back after the North invaded our lands. The Japanese came back after
we made their living g-d bow to our bombs; the germans came back after we
carpet-bombed them into nothingness. And, we all became more 'ass-sittish' ,
not less.

I'm trying to follow your argument to its logical end. The self-reliant
homestead ideal is still the most promising, regardless of how everything
really ends. But, I still have a space of time with which to deal and with
which to plan, for a true and for a back-up.....................

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

The author's entire dissertation is based on the philosophy of the
ass-sitter. That soon to be exitinct (says I) corpus of individuals who
think everyone can make a living by shuffling blips on the computer from
this column to that column and goods and services will miraculously appear
out of air for their efforts. It's coming to an end, soon look for a"great
reckoning in a small room."