homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:59:56 -0800 (PST)

The answer to one is No.  It snows here a lot and stays.  In fact, we are
scedualed for 6 inches of snow and blowing snow tonight.  Snow means 6 inches
on the ground.  Blowing snow means the winds are going to pile it up in big
drifts and we will not be able to get out for a couple of days.  However, if
we don't have cold weather we don't have fruit as all fruit needs so much
cold time in order to bear.  In answer to the second question, I don't have a
house, but a lot of trees if you want to build a log cabin.  I am not sure I
would want to live where there is no snow.