homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: william Eggers <wce1482 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:57:10 -0800 (PST)

I think you maybe missing the point.  To get the economy back on track, the
government is going to have to give money to someone to get it going.  Now
they are giving money to the bankers with the idea that i will filter down to
the workers and they will spend it.  So far the bankers have just used it to
buy other banks or to bail themselves out.  The only way to get things going,
is to get the money to the workers.  They are the ones who spend it and most
of the economy works on their spending.  With the bankers, we just gave it to
them.  A lot of people who think is was alright to give money to bankers
think that workers should have to work for any money given to them.  So, a
road plan.  If the government makes anything to sell, it undercuts business.
Regardless of how it is done, no recovery is possible until the workers have
some money.  If they bail out the auto makers and do nothing for the workers,
no one will be able to buy cars and
the auto makers will by right back where they are now.  It does't make any
difference if they make fuel effecient cars or not as long as most of the
workers don't have the money to buy a car.  Well. so much for my spouting off.

However, I have been thinking that I have participated in the group for
awhile and maybe I should tell something about mayself.  I am 65 and am
married for the second time.  I have 60 acres, of which 35 is woods.  Before
I got the farm, I was a psychologist.  I served in the Vietnam War and am a
totally service connected disables veteran.  I grew up on a farm and have run
a dairy, raised cattle, hogs. sheep, goats, chickens, geese, ducks and
rabbits.  I have often had a big garden and have raised corn, sweet corn ,
pop corn, soybeen, navy beans, wheat and hay.  I am now raising an orchard.
I have about a 1000 trees.  The deer help themselves to the trees on a
regular bases.  I read somewhere that deer will not jump a fence if something
is 6 foot on the other side of the fence.  So I am starting to build 2 fences
around the orchard 6 feet apart.  I raise sweet and sour cherries, grapes,
blackberries, plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines,
pears and apples.  Oh I forgot.  I live in Iowa.  Anything else you want to
know, just ask.