homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:27:58 -0800 (PST)

'sounds to me that you do know something about economics. I'll tell you a
true story that happened ten or fifteen years ago, talking gov't and make
work, etc. My friend in Mesa, owned a bar/restaurant/liquor store
establishment on Main Street in Mesa. Now Mesa is heavily controlled by
Mormons. The largest Mormon Temple in the world -- outside of Salt Lake
City, Utah,-- is in Mesa, AZ.

My friend called me complaining about the mayor and the council. The new
laws requiring ramps at the corners of sidewalks (for wheelchairs) was in
full swing. So he calls and says, Bob , you know what theose Mormons on the
council are doing (My friend is a Jew), he said "they have three white guys
and two mexicans all standing around and watching one g-dd*mn n*gg*r dig the
hole, and they've been in the same place doing the same thing, all week".
That is how government jobs tend to sometimes work...................