homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:53:21 -0800 (PST)

Replies within, marked by asteriks

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> We can only hope that most of it does. Weren't you the one who posted
> something a while back saying that everyone should learn to
> farm?

***** No, that wasn't me , Lynn. I don't even see how it is possible.
Growing a small backyard garden helps, but will not sate a family

I'd like to see a world where all the paper-pushers...or maybe they
> are electronic blip-watchers today...have to acually produce something
> that someone can use or eat.

****** What should we do Lynn, what should we produce? I am in your
generation; I have never 'produced' a thing. I have owned business, made and
lost, and made again, different levels of a modern standard of living, having
never, in my life, done any physical labor for money. I think I am the norm,
rather than the exception

That's the problen I have with Obama's make-work plan (as you and
> other have pointed out). Infrastructure is great, but if you can't sell it,
> it doesn't bring in any money to pay the workers.

****** The problem is that the government is flat broke. Obama is talking
about hiring and paying people with non-existent monies. That is the
problem, (my opinion, only)