homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:16:52 -0800 (PST)

You, then, really are forecasting a change that will not be recoverable - in
our present definition. You are concluding that we are about to become poor
, as a country, to the point where we are hungry and homeless, and hopeless,
as a country of people.

Because, I will tell you James, most people in this country do not aspire
to anything even close to what I aspire, let alone the life and philosophy
that you have chosen. Most people will burn this country before accepting a
return to a hard, sweaty, hungry; agrarian life.

Even actual 'poor' people (I know you say that adjective can apply to you,
but not in my way of thinking -- you made a choice; and your life is content,
real poor people are in much discontent)don't like to be without basic
comforts, and the gov't has made sure those comforts have been available)

If what you are forcasting comes to pass, bullets will be far more valuable
than gold, and I say that with no smile or sarcasm. I hope you are being way