homestead - Re: [Homestead] was SWAT , now TV and such

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was SWAT , now TV and such
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:43:44 -0600

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> But those same parents are the ones stupid or naiive or 'something' enough
> to think that a 'politician' can solve their problems.

In real life when you talk to people they aren't stupid. You assume
that the culture can't be changed, but quite a number of people are
working at that very thing.

> As far as tv, it seems that I am one of the few on this list thast
> actually watches it anymore. Sage said she hasn't watched tv in decades.
> She is a hard woman, though, she factored in wherther her husband would
> require more maintainance than a work-horse befor she married him, so maybe
> she is a little off mainstream.

Her factoring that in made good sense to me. I don't want a man on the
place who isn't going to pull his weight. When I married Jim, he was
pulling his weight just fine, but I'd never take on a husband who
started out in the condition that Jim ended up in. OTOH, I never would
have abandoned Jim. We can pick our battle though.

I don't watch TV, but I watch selected stuff via the Internet. If a TV
program gets great reviews I get the CDs via NetFlix. I read about the
Sopranos for several seasons before I got the first season.

Marie