homestead - Re: [Homestead] SWAT takes down OH farming family

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SWAT takes down OH farming family
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:45:32 -0800

Davis-Bacon applies to ANY federally funded project. You get a federal grant, such as Teflon is talking about, and you have to use Davis-Bacon.

I wrote a grant for the rez to put up fencing on 110 acres. I had to use Davis-Bacon.

And, it should be noted, that in California they use the DIR or D-B. Whichever is higher.

The fence erectors are now making $25/hr. Clean-up on job sites is $18/hr. We had to pay the guy who used the tractor to drill the holes for the peeler poles $20 something an hour then. AND, had to pay him for a full days work even though he was done in less than 4 hours.

Davis-Bacon is a joke! They are NOT prevailing wages. I have yet to figure out where they get the numbers but they don't even come close! No pun intended but they are highway robbery!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Davis-Bacon only applies to public works projects. Were you running a
project of some kind. The rates I see listed for California aren't
that high now. Have you all had some kind of massive deflation, or
what?