homestead - Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Economic 'sit - in'
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 12:11:16 -0800 (PST)

My guess is that they'll have to file some type of creditor claims in court,
just like other creditors do when a company owes them money.

It isn't stated in the article, but it almost sounds like the company may
have defaulted on a loan to BofA, and that BofA had its loan secured by all
company assets.  Which would include cash.  Sometimes those loans include the
assets of owners as security. If so, a bankruptcy filing may be in the works
of being filed.  If so, pre-petition claims for unsecured creditors divy up
the crumbs.

Don't know if employee wages fall into the category of pre-petition
creditors, but the court is the right place to file.  While a sit-in may hit
the headlines, it doesn't start the legal process to attempt to collect money.