homestead - Re: [Homestead] was SWAT , now TV and such

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was SWAT , now TV and such
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 10:24:49 -0800 (PST)

But those same parents are the ones stupid or naiive or 'something' enough to
think that a 'politician' can solve their problems.

As far as tv, it seems that I am one of the few on this list thast actually
watches it anymore. Sage said she hasn't watched tv in decades. She is a
hard woman, though, she factored in wherther her husband would require more
maintainance than a work-horse befor she married him, so maybe she is a
little off mainstream.

But, almost everyone on this list says that they don't watch television. I
do. Now, the truth is that I mainly listen to television, it is on in
another room in the house; and 90% of the time it is on either a business or
an educational type channel (Discovery, The Learning Channel. Playboy etc).

But there are two shows currently on TV that I really like . One is a
comedy (Two and a half men, the other is not -- Dexter-Showtime). I watch no
other current shows, at all. I might watch a re-run of family type conedies
like Andy Griffith, occasionally, but I don't watch any current shows,
neither does my wife.

I read that most people spend many hours a day in front of a television, that
includeds children. The popular current shows are the ones they watch, by
definition. They are watching the products of stupid peiople, for hours a
day; and I'm supposed to be impressed by the politicians for whom they just
voted into office?

BO is the new, biggest celebrity. That is all . he is probably a decent
person, and might even be as smart as everyone, except for me, seems to
already be convinced. I would rather have the people on this list (except
for Me) running congress, than what the people of this country have just
elceted. That is one of the reasons I like SP, I think she would be right at
home on this list.

If you've noticed, Obama has been telling parents all through the