homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:04:30 -0500

If you live in a 'bastion' of liberalism like Asheville NC
<VBG-see I do learn from this list..lol> you will see far different
political ads than if you lived in say Sandy, UT, don't you see >that?

Of course I see it, but I don't really wonder about it. Marketers have a strategy worked out for what they think works in what market. I'm sometimes insulted at ads that people think might appeal to my demographic group, but I mostly ignore them...it's their advertizing money to spend how they want, and advertizing is largely lost on me.

Politicians change their emphasis, depending on who they are talking to, which gets them in trouble in the youtube age .Obama's comment about ruralites clinging to their guns and religion comes to mind. It may have gone over well with the latte crowd, but not with ruralites.

Lynn Wigglesworth